Monday, July 14, 2008

A Lesson Learned



It was my first day back at work today (not counting my O/T shift yesterday) & it was sort of comforting to see that it was cold, wet & miserable in the morning. However, it was because of the weather that I didn't take my 400D, even though I would be having my meal break in Swansea (NSW, not Wales!), which is a very, very picturesque part of the NSW coast & always worth a picture or two.

A bad, bad mistake!

As it was, I had 30mins to kill, so I thought I'd head over to Redhead Beach, take in the scenery & read a magazine ... as you do, lol.

Anyway, just as I was doing that, not 10mins prior, a car had plunged off a cliff & plummeted to the rocks below. This was unbeknown to me at the time, so as I drove up to Redhead Bluff I came across this scene of chaos & of emergency services everywhere!

As all this was happening, the Westpac Rescue helicopter came in to land to assist with the attempted rescue & here I was sitting around WITHOUT my trusty 400D, however, I did have my dependable Nokia 6120 (with movie mode!) to capture the action.

Sadly, it was a fatal accident & while I respect the pain suffered by those affected by this horrible event ... why oh why didn't I have my camera!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here I am making comments about how parking is terrible in Newy and people will do anything for a spot - little did I realise it was a fatality ...

Bugger!

Unknown said...

well at the time we didn't really know the whole story ... que sera sera